1.5.07

vodka

DRINK TO DEATH
unquenchable. regardless.


i left you with but a name...
i left you with but all sorts of different names...
but still you know who i am...
you feel me...
my transience
my being...
with patience...
revealed

Tuesday, May 24, 2005
vodka

and on that day, you became a memory.

one that started out soft and slanting in the heat, and later, wet and trickling affection in the rain. you looked like love, that fickle-fragile thing that blurs into itself like technicolor on the telly.

and so, silly me, i tucked myself in with you last night—eager, willing, wanting. as everything you did became pieces of you. as your eyes drew trembling lines from my nape to my collarbone to my spine. and your fingers teased the soft skin on my waist. and your hot mouth lowered by fractions to the apex of my thighs. and your (yes)

(oh yes oh yes oh goddamn you yes).

you keep me up nights. my body cries out with sweat still. and when you leave, you leave gently, leave me staring into an empty bottle where the poetry once danced.

and i don't even drink.

i rode north at 7:51 AM
81 kph

::Pedal up::

rain pedaled up to say...

goddess, you can write!

8:35 AM bismuth pedaled up to say...

vodkamudshake baby. oh yes.

10:24 AM Lorena pedaled up to say...

AMAZING!! i can never find the right words to pay you the well earned compliment your writing deserves.
"empty bottle where the poetry once danced.
and i don't even drink."
favorite line, the imagery is amazing!!

10:43 AM Blex pedaled up to say...

Nostrovia!

Thanks Transience.

11:20 AM Pink Lemonade Diva pedaled up to say...

My daily visits here are such a treat. Thanks for sharing your writing with us.

11:39 AM mussolini pedaled up to say...

horny poetry, i like :)

11:42 AM claudzki pedaled up to say...

haha...i'm not supposed to be reading stuff this good during finals....

i'm officially distracted. :D

12:39 PM Ashes pedaled up to say...

jeez! it's beautiful.

12:49 PM jey pedaled up to say...

omg... breathtakingly beautiful and downright real...

1:08 PM bullish1974 pedaled up to say...

another post that blew me away. loved the last line. you could be the next danielle steel.

kidding.

1:10 PM Kay pedaled up to say...

this is so beautiful that i'm convinced i probably won't ever get over my ex. well, at least not any time soon. spectacular writing.

1:23 PM deryke pedaled up to say...

now the picture is way too clear. *durty smile*

nice words my lovely lady. horney and pensive?

1:47 PM De.vile pedaled up to say...

Ida sed tis a beauty. But you know it already.
plus, I dont drink. So I dunno if its fo real

3:07 PM Jax pedaled up to say...

:: smile :: now she's starting to get it... I love it. Stylish and electrified with sexual energy.

4:10 PM Pincushion pedaled up to say...
Divine! Sublime!
Goddam this hits right where it hurts!
I am so in awe of you lady..pass me a few droplets of that divine talent will you..?

4:15 PM IdeaSmith pedaled up to say...

Your drama is in the first line and the last. Brilliant.

6:39 PM RuKsaK pedaled up to say...

Oh wow! You're speaking my kind of volumes now - me and Miss Vodka have a history. She used to tell me how handsome and debonair I was, what a dancer I was, she loved my dress sense and laughed at all my jokes.

Then when I woke in the morning the fucking cow left me with a kick in the head that would bury three Dean Martins. We carried on like this for some time.

Still miss the bitch sometimes though, and this post brings a lot of it flooding back.

7:06 PM slim whale pedaled up to say...

"you leave gently, leave me staring into an empty bottle where the poetry once danced"

uuuhhh! fiery imagery! jeez, that line is so beautiful it makes me want to cum in my pants right now...

pablo neruda would turn green with envy when he sees your writing!

7:13 PM Cocaine Jesus pedaled up to say...

your genius, and i do not use the word lightly but truthfully, is astounding. so bloody sad though and so deeply erotic.

nothing that i write on my erotic site comes (excuse the pun) close to this.

eloquent.
moving.
sensual.
lyrical.
melancholic.

a lesson for all would be blogger writers.

9:02 PM alix pedaled up to say...

"as everything you did became pieces of you."

i SO got that. a different sort of esprit de corps. beauty in script.

9:24 PM stella pedaled up to say...

vodka makes me do evil things. but so does danielle steel. *mwah*

9:47 PM Tom pedaled up to say...

I think I need to drink more vodka

9:57 PM monster spank pedaled up to say...

enthralling
musical
sensual

intoxicating eloquence.
you move me.


gravity.

10:12 PM
tblue pedaled up to say...

where the poetry once danced. nice.

10:15 PM The Flea pedaled up to say...

I swear, any man who has been blessed enough to share even a minute of your passion, must be marked for life. And lucky to boot.

One line of your text says more than whole paragraphs of others.

I feel ya!

10:16 PM
Anti-Blogger pedaled up to say...

I REALLY must find a life like this. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

11:13 PM
ennui pedaled up to say...
perfection.

11:52 PM
gulnaz pedaled up to say...

I love the way you write!!!!!
such imagery, delicacy and passion yes ladles of it!
honestly you are hugely talented!!! and i'm a tad envious of your talent. :)

12:12 AM
M. pedaled up to say...

*breathless*

Finally read something worthwhile.

haven't lost your touch :)

Peace.
M.
12:15 AM You've Got What I Need... pedaled up to say...

vodka... it's a whole mess of trouble; but this post is pure shimmery loveliness.
12:59 AM Corsarius pedaled up to say...

woweee!

i read somewhere along the comments that this is horny poetry. i...concur. :D

is that man in the story a very lucky one. :p

again, amazing piece, trans. i see no need to be verbose about it, hehe.

2:08 AM Perfect Virgo pedaled up to say...

Impossible to let go of isn't it T, even the thoughts. I love how you attached the memory to appropriate weather references. When I let my sadness get the better of me I come here to read from someone who knows. The bottle was my refuge until '93 so for me your last line is fully loaded.

2:25 AM
Ms. Laughs pedaled up to say...
*sigh*

2:35 AM
jenn see pedaled up to say...

vodka-sex captured expertly.
how dextrous you are.

2:57 AM Sara pedaled up to say...

the pacing and the sounds in the paragraph preceding that final crisp line kick ass. keep well.

4:28 AM finnegan pedaled up to say...

i pedal up
late
to this transient
site
to drink bottles of vodka
and oh yes oh yes oh goddamn you yes

4:37 AM johnny crash pedaled up to say...

wonderful. I wish pop music would steal some of your work. and pay you handsomely, of course. then I could listen to your blustery words on the radio at work. or in the car.

btw- monopolova is real good. if you ever take to vodka...

5:42 AM Jax pedaled up to say...

I want to read what you write after sharing a bottle of red wine with him. (or with me, but lets steer clear of utter fantasy)

4:42 PM Rex Venom pedaled up to say...

Amazing. There is something very connective in your writing. Makes the reader feel known or knowing. Go on. Take a sip.
5:47 PM anumita pedaled up to say...

I think this is one of the best blogs I have stumbled upon! You write like a dream! Love it, Transience!

6:16 PM
Jackal pedaled up to say...

Oh the intoxication of lust/love.

6:23 PM
transience pedaled up to say...

my blog's been down for the better part of the morning and i think i lost some comments, too, including mine. so sorry to those i may not reply to. i republished everything and this is what i have left to work with.

rain >> thanks, sweetie. and apparently, that drunken_angel who plagiarized your work can't write at all.

bismuth >> blueberry vodka cruiser, actually. cheers!

lorena >> thanks very much. that's my favorite line, too. and i added the last sentence as an afterthought--to throw the whole somber post askew.
blex >> you're welcome.
pl diva >> i visit your space regularly, too. your posts are a joy to read. thank you.

mussolini >> it seems i'm churning them out.

claudzki >> i never want to distract you during finals. maybe after, hm?

ashes >> thanks again for the kind words.

jey >> yes, very real indeed.

bullish1974 >> DANIELLE STEEL?! i'm going to cry a moment. i have never ever read her. ever. but i know you are kidding. i so hope you are kidding.

kay >> we all move on eventually. it just takes patience. and a string of lovers. hehe.

deryke >> you are soooooo naughty. you have no idea.

de.vile >> if you ever decide to get drunk, make sure you don't kiss a girl and get your picture taken.

jax >> starting to get what?

pincushion >> aaawwww, sweetie, you flatter me. maybe you could swap me some drawing talent?

ideasmith >> i think that was what i was aiming for. kickass introduction and ending.

RuKsaK >> it's hard to say goodbye to a cunt-y friend/lover.
slim whale >> you sound so convincing about that...erm, yeah. i am afraid. but thanks for the explicitly appreciative words. and thanks for dropping by.
cocaine jesus >> wow. what does one say to that? wow. i am floored. thanks, dear.

alix >> i'm glad you got that. it was more than a metaphor.

stella >> evil like now? when you mention danielle steel? LOL!

tom >> drink some for me.

monster spank >> and we both fall down.

ty >> i internet love you.

flea >> i am blessed and lucky myself. thank you.

ab >> come over here then.

ennui >> sparks, that is the ultimate compliment. i miss you.
gulnaz >> and you write heavenly poetry! you have mighty talent yourself and everybody who reads you knows it.

m >> your presence brightens up this place. you've been away too damn long.

ygwin >> every time you say shimmer, i tremble. i have no idea why.

corsarius >> horny. damn straight. and i am a lucky girl to have felt every damn thing i wrote on there. and you can be as verbose as you want to. i don't mind. i like commenters who whore themselves all over other people's spaces. it's adorable.
perfect virgo >> i understand what you're saying perfectly. and i hope the bottle isn't a constant companion anymore.
ms. laughs >> *sigh* let's have tea!

jenn see >> vodka-sex! excellent!

sara >> i love how you notice minutiae.

finnegan >> now that was raunchy. stop it. i'm tired.

johnny >> that was such a sweet compliment, i would bottle it up and call it my very own vodka blend. i love you for that.

jax again >> fantasies can be so wonderful. and they bring massive letdowns, too.

rex venom >> i'm glad it connected to you. thanks for the wonderful words.

anumita >> it's always great to see new faces. thanks for the drive-by and for making your presence known.

jackal >> i'm sensing a pattern, too.

6:34 PM
:..M..: pedaled up to say...

Woman! That gave me a shiver down my spine.

9:37 PM
Ramchi pedaled up to say...

Damn!Nothing motivates a person to spill words like this than the hurt of lost love.While i am engulfed and awed by the words i wish not the pain for you in those!Brighter days are ahead and the vodka will be replaced by Champagne soon!

10:45 PM
Blog ho pedaled up to say...

you don't drink? well, there's the problem. See how easy that was? Problem solved. Hey, everyone... problem solved! Wooooo! Drinks on Ho!

12:24 AM ennui pedaled up to say...

i miss u too Ü

12:58 AM
Jennynyc pedaled up to say...

Love the last line! I read this several times, beautiful prose.

1:21 AM
Perfect Virgo pedaled up to say...

Thanks for asking, no not a drop since 1993. I stopped before it killed me. I sometimes blog about the subject, it still has a powerful resonance with me.
1:34 AM Mere Existence pedaled up to say...

Perfect timing.. you inpsired me right before it was time to do my daily writing.
2:46 AM Roger Stevens pedaled up to say...

Hi!
Well, what else can I say after that post and all those comments?

3:42 AM
anonymous pedaled up to say...

the eroticism just drives me crazy. you did it again. don't stop harder.
9:03 AM Jen pedaled up to say...

I have a similar love affair with Corona and that saucy twist of lime, only Corona is a bit more gregarious than the vodka and requires much dancing and shaking of hips. *Sigh*

10:32 AM
transience pedaled up to say...
:..m..: >> wow. glad it touched you the right way.
ramchi >> i've missed you around here. and thanks for the kind, kind words. champagne...yeah, that was almost my story last weekend. hope you are well.

blog ho >> if get all puke-y, will you still love me?
ennui >> kisskiss?
jennynyc >> thanks for reading more than once. i am usually verbose, but not today.

perfect virgo >> well, i'm glad that love affair ended. some things, though pleasurable, are irrevocably destructive.

mere existence >> inspiring you is an honor.

anonymous>> bjork led you to me. i'll never stop harder until you tell me to stop harder. heh!
jen >> so nice to see you here. you write beautiful erotica.

12:02 PM Neel Sen pedaled up to say...

I realized it was Bjork, but the fact that she is moving makes it captivating. Does it count as stalking if I come to Norway?

12:19 PM
transience pedaled up to say...

if i was in norway at the moment. =)

12:30 PM
rolly pedaled up to say...

And yet you don't drink? "An empty bottle where the poetry once danced"

LOVELY! Mystery adding more flavor to a lust filled night.

2:09 PM
transience pedaled up to say...

roger >> i can't believe i missed your comment! hi is a good thing to say after everything's been said and done.

rolly >> i'm more of a chimney. me love my ciggies.

2:35 PM
bullish1974 pedaled up to say...

you know i was kidding. ok, ok. how about, uhm, the next aphra behn? or anais nin?

better?

;)
5:02 PM paningit pedaled up to say...

goddamn. been away for what? a week? and now you have a new post about sex and vodka and it already has 58 smacks. and i'm not thinking right right now. i'm just a mess. and second to beer, i like vodka the most. tequila's distant third. but this ain't about vodka. and i'm a mess.

6:47 PM chilled_v pedaled up to say...

Try Hetman vodka.. Ukraine's finest.. of course you'd have to go all the way to Ukraine to get some. My vodkapoisons of choice are peppar vodka and lemonade and something called hunter's vodka which is kind of herbal- sounds disgusting, isn't.

Great post, reminds me of many heady nights.

xxB

12:45 AM
transience pedaled up to say...
bullish1974 >> anais nin sounds peachy. thank you.

a >> don't tell me. it's work, isn't it? work gets in the way of blogging. work sucks.

b >> see? now i have an excuse to go to ukraine. thanks for the suggestions. but i don't really drink. i only imagine i do. it makes the hangovers less excruciating.

11:03 AM mussolini pedaled up to say...
please blog again. thank you.

1:40 PM gulnaz pedaled up to say...

trans i don't drink but i like the idea of it...i did have wine some years back. anyway just wanted to tell you thanks for sweet comments and that the bjork gif reminds me of tht thin wafer given in church by the priest. i don't know what it is called. i have seen it in movies.

1:41 PM
Anonymous pedaled up to say...
May I ask where you are?

4:00 PM transience pedaled up to say...

mussolini >> you always say that. i will never meet your blogging standards. never.
gulnaz >> aawww. you're welcome, sweetie. but then all the praise is highly deserved. i haven't written decent poetry in years! and the word you are looking for is host, the bread or wafer consecrated and eaten during Holy Communion. i was catholic once.

anonymous >> i propose a swap of information. tell me who you are, or at least give me a URL, and i'll tell you where i am. mutually beneficial, yeah?

4:29 PM Pincushion pedaled up to say...

...am gonna drown myself in vodka as well..still haven't made it your links.....waiiillll...!
LOL!

5:01 PM
transience pedaled up to say...

soooooooooo sorry. see? your link's up! quick, look! if it still hasn't uploaded, i will drown myself in vodka. well, not really. but there you go.

5:58 PM allister pedaled up to say...

If Vodka = sexy writing.
then Beer = ???

*Note to self, drink Vodka whilst writing*

10:04 PM
endlessecho pedaled up to say...
hey trans,

lovely.im speechless..like i always am whn I read you.

tc
11:19 PM transience pedaled up to say...
allister >> beer equals bawdy, drunken writing. try it.

endlessecho >> thanks so much for always taking the time to read. and your kind words are always appreciated. take care, too!

11:15 AM karma pedaled up to say...

ah, just what I have been indulging in, with pomegranite juice as a mixer. I wish I could be as naturally high as you sweetie ... :))

3:26 PM
>sheE<> yeah, that fickle-fragile thing. waw.
11:37 PM Mitzzee pedaled up to say... that was the most spectacular piece I've read on any blog yet. Just lovely.

11:03 AM
King of Space pedaled up to say... I am getting worried that we praise transcience so much on her writting, it just have for effect to slow her down for her future updates.

1:28 PM
Jax pedaled up to say... that's one of the aspects of blogging I'd love to look at, mate. This bizarre arena we have created where everyone likes us.

8:09 PM
DLAK pedaled up to say... The monkeys like to fuck. Tell us something new sweetheart. I dont trust a man that dosnt drink. And if De'vile drinks, kisses a girl and lets pictures be taken she just has to make sure to keep the pictures. lol Just kidding De'vile Just say no!

7:13 AM
stan laurel pedaled up to say... Your memory is hot and strong. I only wish I could affect someone like "him." I wonder if he knowing how he makes you feel would lessen him in your words. I hope your poetry dances once again.

8:08 AM
BatJay pedaled up to say... wow, what a great post.

11:52 AM
transience pedaled up to say...

karma >> but you are naturally high. i ride along with you, remember?

>sheE< >> nice adjective, yeah? i thought so, too. thanks for dropping by.
mitzzee >> wow. thanks for the awesome compliment.
king of space >> i apologize for being such a delinquent blogger. life has been happening to me, you see. but i have a new and silly post up. i hope it entertains you enough for the next few days. thanks for your patience and for always coming back to read and comment.
jax >> everybody likes us? that's news to me, dear boy.
dlak >> excellent comment! i didn't understand a word. LOL!
stan laurel >> that's quite insightful. he once knew how he affected me. now, he just takes everything with a grain of salt. thanks for making your presence known in these parts, btw. and i hope my poetry dances again, too.
batjay >> you're rolly's friend, right? thanks so much for visiting my space. so glad to finally meet you.

8:17 AM
Sk8RN pedaled up to say...

How mysterious!

2:34 AM
transience pedaled up to say...

maybe it's the liquor.
10:06 AM

::Pedal up::

<<>