1.5.07

in where misery fails

map from my backpack don't stop harder how do i get there? (how did i get here?) i gave you a map from my backpack. (why am i here?) you promised me you'll lap dance.


Thursday, June 02, 2005

in where misery fails

miserably missing you.

that's what he says. and yet he ends the day with smiles—happy smiles. laughing smiles. manic-panic smiles. and the girl smiles back, like a mirror-trick maze, like a transient on a bicycle.

(let me tell you a secret.
she doesn't really dig all that bicycle business.)

she, the mad-metal herder, likes motorcycles—sexual machines that careen and crash and leave crimson rain and skid marks on the wall.

(motorcycles!)

harley makes her laugh, davidson makes her cry. davidson is also known as Desolation in drag.

i rode north at 2:08 PM
60 kph

::Pedal up::

The Flea pedaled up to say...

Or does she just like big things between her legs?

(Sorry, crass I know . . . just couldn't help myself)
2:38 PM
Gangadhar Ambati pedaled up to say...

First time on your blog....Very nice..Keep it up...
3:34 PM
Jax pedaled up to say...

Big powerful, driving, vibrating things, Flea.

You ARE feeling avant garde lately aren't you? Good for you :) Its an interesting ride. pardon the pun.
4:15 PM
bullish1974 pedaled up to say...

read it like 5 times already. didn't quite understand it still. LOL!

i'm retarded.
5:16 PM
rain pedaled up to say...

so, is a harley-davidson like sex, too? making you cry and laugh at the same time? yet crying but never really excreting tears? sadly laughing at something that pushes us to be schizophrenic?

haha. i think i'm over-interpreting your words here. my bad. :p
5:43 PM
kay pedaled up to say...

i'm not quite sure what this all means, but i love it anyway.

completely off topic: motorcycles scare me. and, um, i don't even know how to ride a bike.
6:30 PM
paningit pedaled up to say...

bicycles aren't so bad. as long as you ride 'em without the seat. well, i've been told.
7:13 PM
Jay pedaled up to say...

Motorcycles are more exciting maybe, but dangerous too. I'd rather take my chances with a trusty old bicycle. My I'm metaphoric in the morning.
7:35 PM
Sara pedaled up to say...

i like this--a peek into an strange, but not strange, elusive but not elusive, meaningful place. nicely gritty.
8:33 PM
tblue pedaled up to say...

as desolation in drag?

that's it.

i gotta eat your words. please pass the salt
10:19 PM
virumandi pedaled up to say...

hey...first time..seems to be interesting..speed up....
10:35 PM
Teufel pedaled up to say...

My dear trasience, betrayal can be the biggest wound in a human heart... don't let it kill you... don't let his words reach your soul if you know they will sting...
Hey, have all my support.

Villalobos 02
10:44 PM
slim whale pedaled up to say...

at least you still know that he's putting up a front. that means you're still on top of the situation. or did i get it right?

jeez. let's just talk about latin and german. this is all greek to me!
11:18 PM
stella pedaled up to say...

"...miserably missing you..."

luv this quote//
i am so feeling it.
11:35 PM
Lorena pedaled up to say...

love it "davidson is also known as Desolation in drag"!!! :)

i'm with you --> motorcycles!!! never been on one but would like too. it's sexy and exciting as is your post!!
12:35 AM
Anonymous pedaled up to say...

bicycles force you to pedal; pedaling uphill strains the legs yet you must do it though the destination may be in vain; motorcycles allow you to relax, enjoy the scenary, and feel the power between your legs, not in them.
1:50 AM
Pezgirl pedaled up to say...

I love this particular post. Just keep your high my dear and dont' settle for less :)
1:57 AM
monsterspank pedaled up to say...

with a shimmer of her sultry, foxy words that shimmy and glitter in front of an audience that read these metaphorical words with unadulterated awe she does it again, and again and yes, yet again.
god how i envy that harley.

2:56 AM
Sarah pedaled up to say...

"Desolation in drag"

i love that.

it takes me back.
3:39 AM
Mitzzee pedaled up to say...

misery is underrated and under appreciated.
8:13 AM
milktea pedaled up to say...

I once hitch from a total stranger's motorbike. Feeling the air kiss your cheeks is orgasmic.
8:51 AM
karma pedaled up to say...

he is an easy rider
9:12 AM
small squirrel pedaled up to say...

you hit it out of the park yet again my girl....

damn (just watching it fly... such a pretty sight....)
9:14 AM
bismuth pedaled up to say...

this just inspired me to write about a certain motorcyle guy. and btw, i envy your second chances.
11:02 AM
You've Got What I Need... pedaled up to say...

Ah, but what is desolation in drag wearing? [crosses fingers] I hope that it's Tina Turner all the way.
11:05 AM
rolly pedaled up to say...

What if behind those smiles of his is his bleeding heart? O diba?
12:22 PM
jey pedaled up to say...

"miserably missing you..."

is that even possible?
1:36 PM
The Gome pedaled up to say...

peddle ur ass @ Gome's!
3:24 PM
mussolini pedaled up to say...

you should be careful what you write. ths business can kill you.
4:11 PM
Pincushion pedaled up to say...

'Desolation in drag'..I mean WoW! It makes me feeeeeeeeel things *sigh*
6:30 PM
RuKsaK pedaled up to say...

As if words like 'desolation' and 'motorcycles' were not enough to woo me into eternal reading - all the lovely bits around them snared me too.

Flea - you are a dirty bastard and love you for it.

7:24 PM

M. pedaled up to say...

Desolation in Drag! I Love That!

miserably missing you.

M.
9:28 PM
Kerouaced pedaled up to say...

I'm guessing a moped wouldn't cut it. It's a compromise between a bike and a motorcycle. Motorcycle-Lite...
10:07 PM
gulnaz pedaled up to say...

davidson is also known as Desolation in drag.
its brilliant!!!
miserably missing you....a gem.

Another excellent piece from you...here is wishing to many more but i hope you don't have to face desolation.
12:28 AM
Ashes pedaled up to say...

the whol smile thingy made me think of a Cranberries song(can't remember the name of it for the life of me) the lines were like ~~and when he goes,he goes with a smile..Desperate Andy~~
12:31 AM
johnny crash pedaled up to say...

it's just so much fun to adore dangerous things. shiny is better. and I didn't picture you on a bicycle. not really. the pumps make for clumsy peddling. hope your weekend is all smiles.
1:30 AM
Jen pedaled up to say...

mmmm...the rush and throttle
1:37 AM
. : A : . pedaled up to say...

"and the girl smiles back, like a mirror-trick maze, like a transient on a bicycle."

Very interesting use of words here to describe the return of the 'happy smiles'. Also liked the "davidson is also known as Desolation in drag" bit.
1:52 AM
Perfect Virgo pedaled up to say...

Who knows what the truth is? Is it not possible to look at someone with love in your smile yet black anger in your heart?(I've got a little secret for you - I bought some motor cycle mags today after 16 years away from two wheels. I wanna ride again.)
3:35 AM
Mere Existence pedaled up to say...

You have a great way of letting the reader inside, without allowing him to know what he's seeing.
4:59 AM
Anonymous pedaled up to say...

kim this is the best "poetry in blog"ive read so far. "davidson is also known as desolation in drag." used to think you were just vain, but girl now i think you really deserve a pulitzer.
9:42 AM
De.vile pedaled up to say...

I wrote it and before I knew it was deleted. Neways all I want to say is motorcycles need petrol, they need a lot of care. Cycles can be thrown around.

The only minus point in cycles is that you end up walking like somethings stuck up your ass. Maybe that put you off. :)

Sorry I wrote so much. Its just that men and motorcycles seem so damn similar to me.
11:54 AM
claudzki pedaled up to say...

"..miserably missing you..."

...sometimes they don't even say it :p
4:59 PM
Neel Sen pedaled up to say...

you're hung over and i am trying to get drunk, what a combo!

i drink my green tea with rabindranath tagore.
1:07 PM
transience pedaled up to say...

flea >> that was too naughty. even for you. heh.

gangadhar >> first-timer! hope you enjoyed the whole of two minutes here.

jax >> i don't really consider this avant-garde, but i'm glad you had a good ride. vroom!

bullish1974 >> i read it more than five times and i still didn't get it either. how's that for retarded?

rain >> this comes with the degree.

kay >> i know how to ride both motorcycles and bikes. but it's true what they say--the sensation vibrating motorcycles produce are, erm, very interesting.

a >> ouch, dammit!

jay >> metaphoric is always good.

sara >> gritty. that was exactly the word i was grasping for just now.

ty >> i only have iodized. will that do?

virumandi >> hi! i'm trying to speed up, but i'm hungry and i need cake.

teufel >> thanks, man!

slim whale >> ooohhh, there's quite a story behind this...but yeah, latin and german is good. greek, too.

stella >> i know.

lorena >> i pictured Desolation as flamboyant, with heels and a boa. and again, thanks for being such a kind critic.

ab >> the power is between my legs. yeah. i can feel that.

pezgirl >> wow! welcome back. and thanks for the support.

monsterspank >> mmmmm. don't be.

ms. laughs >> oh, i bet it does, my gorgeous snowflake.

mitzzee >> hear, hear! nobody says that enough.

milktea >> i can see you now. blushing and with your hair just whipping wildly around you. sweet.

karma >> not so much. just a little.

bismuth >> i remember that story. oh my god. and don't envy my second chances. you'll have your own, too.

squirrel >> *looks out at the horizon beside her*

ygwin >> but there was a boa.

rolly >> yeah. his heart was bleeding, actually. i just learned of it.

jey >> i've experienced it in varying degrees. so yes, it is possible.

gome >> i don't peddle. i pedal. but your little farm looks very inviting. maybe i'll do both.

mussolini >> i still don't get it.

pincushion >> i would so love to see how you would sketch Desolation in drag.

RuKsaK >> hurrah for the lovely bits. and you and flea can go drink at some pub. Desolation in drag would be happy to entertain you. he told me himself.

monsterspank>> awwww hell. i miserably miss you, too.

kerouaced >> i totally agree.

gulnaz >> thanks so much. for the kind words and the best wishes.

ashes >> i would agree. but then i don't know that song.

johnny >> i didn't picture me on a bicycle either. but my blog's title has grown on me and i'm loathe to change it. have a happy weekend, too. and good god, your beth is lovely.

jen >> mmmmmm, indeed.

.:a:. >> thanks for picking out the details. and for dropping by, too.

perfect virgo >> somehow, i always pictured you on a motorcycle. enjoy the ride. my heart goes with you.

mere existence >> i'm becoming too good at obfuscating. tsk tsk.

anonymous >> wow, thanks. but you forgot to leave your name cos i know my anonymous.who are you? and make no mistake about the vanity. i was born vain and i will probably die vain, too. heh.

de.vile >> LOL! that was great. and i read your first comment. i wonder why it was deleted. btw, you can write the longest comment you can muster. it's okay.

claudzki >> yes, i've encountered that type, too.

neel >> take it easy. you need to be the sober one. =)
1:44 PM
kay pedaled up to say...

haha, wow, that bit of information is motivation enough to get over my fear of motorycles...
3:02 PM
Neel Sen pedaled up to say...

its okay, i am sober right now, i am cooking.
3:25 PM
transience pedaled up to say...

kay >> LOL! i didn't mean for it to sound so controversial, but there you go.

neel >> a man who cooks. you're after my heart, man. what's your specialty?
8:48 PM
monster spank pedaled up to say...

two wheels i liked very much but it rained and she left me.
1:12 AM
Blog ho pedaled up to say...

Desolation in drag... that was lovely.
6:14 AM
Sk8RN pedaled up to say...

"crimson rain and skid marks" Disturbing, but I like it. I'm more of a motorcycle gal than a bicycle gal myself. Though the sexual symbolism is not lost on me. I'm not so much of a Harley gal. I don't like a bike that can scream out louder than I can. ;-)
6:57 AM
Anonymous pedaled up to say...

i think my specialty is Indian food, although i like to cook most anything.
12:23 PM
neel pedaled up to say...

that last post was me. you can check out my cooking blog for some recipes: www.cooking4her.blogspot.com
12:24 PM
transience pedaled up to say...

monster spank >> oh dear. next time, please bring an umbrella.

blog ho >> you should have seen the whole ensemble.

Sk8RN >> i never thought of that. maybe i should rethink my choice?

neel >> nice! and i have some appetite today. thanks, dear.
3:30 PM
The Flea pedaled up to say...

I apologise. Forgive me. Please give me a second chance.

I'll go and wash my mouth out and return with morality intact.

You have my word(s).
4:24 PM
transience pedaled up to say...

i almost believed you. until you said, "...blah blah blah with morality intact." ha! liar.

i'm kidding.

no, i'm not.

i'm kidding.

jeez, right now is a bad time to respond to comments. i need coffee.
4:38 PM
Argus pedaled up to say...

Gotta love the motorcycles. Nothing atracts women like a pulsing, throbbing machine between their legs.

-A
7:56 AM
transience pedaled up to say...

ha! and that's just getting started.
8:09 AM
finnegan pedaled up to say...

I agree with Jax. Pedalling up might make you wet, but a big vibrating motorbike has the rumble to get you off.
3:44 PM
transience pedaled up to say...

can't. stop. laughing.
12:39 AM

::Pedal up::

<<>