5.5.07


Tuesday, July 19, 2005
that full petal jacket
is beautiful, he says. but take it off. i want to see your shoulders.

his affection is straightforward like that. but i like teasing him and toying with him until he says, oh, just take it off, will you? or do you want me to do it for you?

so many questions, so little time.

perhaps we can ravish each other with our tender tales of conquest. tell me about that girl whose legs you were admiring a while ago. and i'll tell you about the boy i've been playing emails with.

little minx. you have yourself a deal.

my affection is coquettish like that. served warm and with butter on the side, if one is so inclined. this is love du jour, baby. prepared special only today.

but no matter how many lovers we've playfully, hypothetically taken against the pillows, we wake up to each other, don't we? the real, heady taste of love. sleep-heavy bodies. throats parched with lust. slumber marks on our cheeks. annoying disappearances of particular pieces of clothing. and i can't believe you kicked my white slip under the bed. where is my black sock? what sock? what? what's that there? we'd both like to speak to wardrobe, please.

suddenly he says, let me tell you something. what you don't realize, and i tell you this as a friend, is if some people don't want to be loved, it's their problem, not yours. you can tell them to piss off or to quit their crock of shit—preferably, the second. or you can go all diplomatic and give them the long and short of a goodbye. or do a troika and say all three. you're slick like that.

i laugh.

i love you, i say. which translates to four syllables in my native language. lovely person, you are. you may have stopped reading my words, but you have never stopped reading me.

i adore that we are friends. i adore that we can fuck like enamored strangers who locked eyes in a bar just two hours before. i adore that there is nothing between you and me but skin. and maybe now, this full petal jacket.

and why in the name of all that is holy is that still on you? that is a serious question, he says. because it is the last piece of old nostalgia i hold dear. and because, mother of all oddities, i will wear it to keep warm before slipping naked into a cold bed. not everything has to make sense.

he laughs.

how strange, this love. this that almost always comes with a hint of self-delusion. this that comes with a warm male hand and fingers that tickle-trickle.

right. where. it. aches.

minx, he says. that's what you get for making me feel this way. now take it off. i want to see your shoulders.

ouch. that was hot.

and before i forget, i said i love you not like i meant it. but because i meant it.

| o^o |117 kph |

Sk8RN said...

What a wonderful, lovely piece. I can totally relate to this sense of your lover as your best friend and an insatiable desire for one another.

"i adore that we are friends. i adore that we can fuck like enamored strangers who locked eyes in a bar just two hours before." And that last line about saying you love him because you mean it. Brilliant writing. I want to print this one out and frame it to re-read again and again.

4:51 PM
Abster said...

Loooove it. Tee-hee-hee... Isn't it so nice how lovers can also have that buddy-buddy kind of relationship. You're so cute.

5:24 PM
Fist said...

By full petal jacket, I first thought you meant the cunt enclosing the cock. I'm afraid I got the giggles so bad I fell off my chair.

5:45 PM
trine said...

it's our wedding anniversary tomorrow and this SO put me in the mood to write something beautiful to my husband..

been tryinig to wokr out which is your native language?

6:13 PM
grumblefish said...

Indeed, transience, this vignette's got more than a slight taste of "American Gothic", gone slightly awry. Potential Christmas card
material? Never mind the slip and the socks, what became of your garter belt?

6:15 PM
transience said...

Sk8RN >> wow, thanks. it's a parody of sorts. there are some inside jokes on there but the stylized details are all mine.

abster >> heh. yeah, we get along famously that way.

fist >> LOL! you are such a big, fat, hairy cunt. classically flappy like a full petal jacket. i hope that when you fell you did not hurt yourself overly much.

trine >> happy anniversary! so nice to inspire you. hope you write something better than this, though. heh.

grumblefish >> grant wood, eh? i kind of like that idea given the parody of the piece. and yes, i am all for awry but not for gothic. for some strange reason.

and yes, the garters. that story unfolds (hopefully) on sunday. are you all agog?

8:19 PM
Spicy Cauldron said...

Completely agog. Your writing always has this damn fine elusive, light, intangible whisper about it: like a pure, linen-coloured butterfly flickering over your eyelids as you read... Quite enchanting. Have you ever thought of turning your words to a story set in the land of Faery? I just think you could do something wonderful in descriptions of that kind of fantastical landscape because you're so good at making the real world reflect magic in what you post here. x

8:38 PM
hera said...

this post is quite a coincident for me. last year, at the same date, i had my first ex. and i'm thinking of writing something. there could be the playful banters, some occasions when i stick out my tounge and say bleh! but i'm afraid never the "i love you" in our native language.

8:42 PM
BlackOps said...

Very poetic, Very nice....is this a personal account?

9:11 PM
nin said...

wonderful piece....

9:16 PM
snst_blvd said...

i don't know if im allowed to read that. lol =)

9:59 PM
sasfdasfdljkfksdjkfjsd said...

of course I could go on about your genius, but I don't want to pander. I wanna steal

right.where.it.aches.

and maybe some other parts for a song, though. Whaddya think?

10:02 PM
Fist said...

It was a metaphorical fall. Often with outrageous statements, they become funnier and less brutal with a softening context - like a rifle wrapped up in a full petal jacket, if you like.

10:09 PM
Corsarius said...

mmm. lovely yet still erotic. er, enough of me pointing that out. :p

y'know, it's actually harder for me to say "i love you" in filipino/tagalog than in English. elvish, maybe :D

you can guess which lines made me drool, LOL!

10:28 PM
Jax said...

Ooohhhh JUST you WAIT until I find myself a woman. I will make you CRY and beg and plead with what I write because reciprocity is only fair.

Dammit!

10:28 PM
Fist said...

Elvish is a fictional mixture of Welsh and Finnish, as it appears in the works of JRR Tolkein, such as "Lord of the Rings: The Two Flowers," incidentally.

10:32 PM
ennui said...

Hah! Just as I suspected ...

10:52 PM
Kerouaced said...

Wow, you really hit your stride with this one. I'm impressed. I particularly liked the last lines. So good...

10:54 PM
Jaxe said...

Hi Trans! This is the first time I've been here and WOW! Great piece of work. I enjoy the brutal honesty and the way you juxtapose beauty with raw unbridled instincts! Ahhh, this is soooo good (and even tickles a few spots in my memory).

11:17 PM
rolly said...

"i adore that we are friends. i adore that we can fuck like enamored strangers who locked eyes in a bar just two hours before. i adore that there is nothing between you and me but skin. and maybe now, this full petal jacket."

Such a lovely image these words portray in my mind. Now, when will I ever find a friend like that? haha

11:43 PM
grumblefish said...

At least 70%, I'd say. I had planned some nocturnal amusements, including a Dutch-rules Roly-Poly marathon. These could be rescheduled, or perhaps your chronicles could provide some halftime pageantry.

11:45 PM
North said...

suddenly i feel need a 'friend' right now.

12:09 AM
Benjamin said...

now that's all good. oh and you do write beautifully, btw.

12:30 AM
Anonymous said...

Perhaps its time i should rethink what it's all about, eventually. right now, i find all these emotions i might be feeling over-rated...

1:04 AM
I.:.S.:. said...

Where could be from? Four syllables - that makes it pretty explicit. Ich liebe Dich - four syllables. Eu te amo - four syllables. Te quiero - four syllables. I wonder how many syllables I love you has in umm dunno, maybe filipino erroneously sometimes called tagalog?

Eight syllables in one of my native languages and three or four in most of my other languages so figure it out from there.

Warmest regards as always, from England's green and pleasant land indeed... Language is the only homeland & yours is beautiful.

1:29 AM
I.:.S.:. said...

That should be Tolkien, fist, forgive the um pedantry, I know you'd never indulge in such.

A mixture of Welsh and Finnish??

But now that you mention it, yes, Tolkien did plunder Finnish mythology a bit... Iluvatar / Ilmatar, never occurred to me before...

1:34 AM
I.:.S.:. said...

This apropos Finnish and Nordic influences on Tolkien, for the idle (I didn't bring up the subject).

1:49 AM
EGO SVM CAROLVS said...

I prefer the minty fresh ones. Great post! :)

1:59 AM
gusgreeper said...

great post my lovely! you are a very lucky woman!

2:39 AM
stella said...

damn woman. that last line was the all-time punchlines of love. thanks for saying it.

2:46 AM
Sarah said...

this is the place.. that i live. i'm so happy that you live there too.

3:07 AM
Sarah said...

oh and fist..
you fucking ninja you.

3:08 AM
Fist said...

I'm a ninja? How on earth did you know about that?

Have no idea how you spell Talkyne's name, and frankly couldn't care less. What does it matter, eh? Really?

4:55 AM
Sarah said...

fist.. you forget yourself. you told me a lot. =)

5:07 AM
Fist said...

I forget almost everything. Batted my memory in with drugs during youth, and it's never been the same since. Well, not even the same. It's just never *been* since.

5:09 AM
Kunstemæcker said...

Simply wonderful. Wish there more women, no let me rephrase that: I wish there was one woman like you living over here.

I want to comment more but I won't.

5:37 AM
Fist said...

You think Bjork would puke *your* cum, huh. Nice, real nice.

6:48 AM
Carrie said...

this just makes me want to curl up in bed with a warm body, naked and under some cool cotton sheets.

one of the best feelings in the world, especially if it's shared with someone you love and can fuck, but walk away and lead separate lives as well.

nice, very nice. ;)

ps I have someone who calls me minx too! very cute! cheers hon.

7:30 AM
Ostrich said...

Ahhh, very sexy, very sweet. That's what i've been missing the last couple of days. Well i'm back and glad to be. This is Excellent as usual.

7:37 AM
Aleksu said...

The best title ever, I bow to you crafter of words, goddess of inspiration.

And that was just the appetizer.

Then you regaled us with tantalizing flavors throughout the entire post.

Thanks, and bon appetite.

8:07 AM
karma said...

the nicest part about wearing nice clothes is taking them off. no, having them taken off ... :))

8:48 AM
Rex Venom said...

Minx!!
Rock on!

10:02 AM
milktea said...

lovely. just lovely.

minx, how can you make such wonderful entry out of a full petal jacket? next time start from a paper clip. I bet you can make something out of it too. :)

10:28 AM
mariposatomica said...

You have such a wonderful way with words. Every word seems carefully stitched to the next. Lovely indeed.

10:42 AM
ty bluesmith said...

my gawd. get comments much? seems everyone is playing emails these days.

that's one lucky boy.

the bastard.

[i'msofuckingjealous,YO.]

10:56 AM
Benjamin said...

and, like a song i can't stop playing, i come back to read this post one last time before i go to sleep...

12:17 PM
JErm said...

you live in a dream world baby, or at least one close to a dream world. it's more like hell on this side. coming here is like getting a nice cold shower everytime! :)

2:09 PM
anumita said...

This is lovely. It sets the mood too. Light hearted laughter, a little banter and all that makes one want to be in the midst of it all!

2:12 PM
slim whale said...

darn, this post only makes my pain more unbearable...

I should not read you until after I’m done stitching my wound.

beautiful post, though.

3:07 PM
Curator said...

You have to live a little every now and then.

3:11 PM
jey said...

when has love never been strange?

4:24 PM
gulnaz said...

you are a goddess of gossamer erotica! i loved reading it!! you spin such a delicate, naughty tale of love interspersed with nuggets of love and truth and all set to the scent of the flowery meadows! there is springtime in this and i love it.

i like the part about being freinds and lovers and the teasing and the line. right. where. it aches. its a stroke of genius!!

6:43 PM
Anil said...

you have talked about love the way I want it...I envy you in a way...but more than that I love the way you have put this down in words...your 'stylistic details' as you put it were wonderful..lending the right warmth to your playful and naughty tone...

7:06 PM
Sara said...

this one has many layers of relationship, which became much more apparent the second time i read it, complicating things richly into that place where things indeed do not have to make sense. and that's just the way it is. buzzing with dichotomies and their centers. nicely done.

7:42 PM
sal said...

Minx. Grin. I liked it. Enjoyed reading it twice. Cool shit, I say.

10:32 PM
RuKsaK said...

You get 50-odd comments in a day, because this is literature splashing before our eyes. I love it - it's sensual, evocative, warm and so bloody right now.

The thing with visiting this place is that is like watching an artist at work - don't try to tell me you use a keyboard, dictionary or grammar. With you it's all brushes, strokes and masterpieces.

There, that said - I may retire from commenting here as my dirge is no match for your beauty. Basically.

11:40 PM
naridu said...

I do admire your choice of words.

11:54 PM
Lorena said...

always, always amazing :) this should be a short film and it was in my head as i read it. i love the dialogue. it's so tender and flirtatious.

"real, heady taste of love"
you've captured so well.
thanks transience for such sensual reading this morning :)

12:11 AM
madgirl said...

loved this :)

and
found so many pieces of my own
dearest-love
in what you wrote
and
it feels good
cuz
its nice
bein healthy that way :)

thanks for remindin me eh?
((((u))))

2:13 AM
bullish1974 said...

now it's me who's hating you so much right now because you write so damn well.

now i want that full petal jacket all to myself.

now.

3:00 AM
Mere Existence said...

I wish I got love letters like this.

4:33 AM
justrose said...

i like the last lines. thought-provoking. nice.

4:33 AM
Blog ho said...

ahhh, that is peace.

5:36 AM
jenn see said...

a cascade of images falling through my head...you're so good for that.

5:48 AM
Cindy-Lou said...

That was so awesome.

9:49 AM
transience said...

hey, guys. sorry for lagging far behind the interesting, twisting turns these comment threads have taken. i've just been asked to work on a new pull-out advertorial after indulging the powers-that-be with a double-spread advertorial just a few days ago. damn crappy deadlines. and this is how i fuck the system in the arse--use office internet to reply to comments. ha! take that, bureacracy.

spicy cauldron >> thanks, andy. i've always wanted to go land-of-faery. i just need to tweak my butterfly wings and shed this old adage of a corporate identity to pursue full-time faery writing. thanks for the support. that means a lot.

hera >> i've said those two words to only one person so far. that has got to mean something, right?

blackops >> yes, it's a personal account. all my posts are personal, except for those demeaning stabs at literary genius, which include my experimental prose and narcissistic poetry. this particular piece, like i told Sk8RN above, is a parody, representation-wise. but the bits and pieces of conversation plus the missing slip and sock are all true.

avik >> thanks.

sunset eyes >> consider this a free lesson. =)

ray ray >> actually, that kind of misplaced punctuation works. with. anything. just completely abuse the periods and you're. good. to. go. what kind of song were you considering, btw?

fist >> metaphorical falls often accompany your sense of humor. the kind that induces some people to resort to random insults. it's that kind of heartwarming, don't you think?

corsarius >> i keep on tickling that part of you, don't i? LOL! and yes, it is harder to say i love you that way, isn't it? how odd. is elvish even valid nowadays?

jax >> oh, i can be extremely patient. but only because i have to wait a while.

fist again >> the two flowers were rose and azalea. incidentally.

ennui >> i don't get it.

kerouaced >> thanks, man. it was a post that sort of just wrote itself. the best kind, in my opinion.

jaxe >> hello! glad you enjoyed the post. with regards to the brutal honesty, maybe it was brought about by the fact that this was inspired by a real experience. as for the instincts, i am almost always unbridled. except on mondays.

rolly >> i try to be friends before i fuck. but that's just me.

grumblefish >> i demand the other 30 percent. please reschedule.

skeet >> i'm sure there's someone lurking about.

benjamin >> thank you.

anonymous >> monster spank, i wouldn't overrate your feelings. i would give them a 6.0, the cherished mark of skating perfection.

mike >> oh, you're good. or at least your memory is. i suppose i could just use the standard three-word, three-syllable english expression on you. you'd get it straight away.

and don't mind fist. i keep him on a leash.

carolvs >> minty fresh! me, too!

corinna >> i count my blessings.

stella >> you can use it on any tom, dick and harry you fancy. i don't mind.

sarah >> i'd toast you.

fist yet again >> talkyne is fist-speak for tolkien. he was a ninja who gave up full-time ninja-ing to write. like you.

sarah again >> funny. i have the same complaint. i should start siphoning.

fist is on a roll >> never *been* eh? see? you asked me once if you were ever all three (i.e. genius, hysterical, cunt-y all in one) and this is one of those times.

kunstemaecker >> what does one say to that? thank you.

fist for the last time >> good lord. you have a way of just whoring yourself all over after being MIA, don't you? and bjork doesn't puke cum. neither do i.

mitzzee >> minx, you get me. that's so cool.

ostrich >> i'm glad you're back, too. hope you're feeling healthier and happier.

blex >> thank you. i agree, the title is priceless. *wink*

karma >> and we wonder why we spend so much on clothes, heh.

rex venom >> i am.

milktea >> well, minx, i will try to do my best with the paper clip. i have something in mind right about now.

mariposatomica >> thanks very much. incidentally, i know how to sew. heh.

ty >> who else plays emails? and the boy and i are both lucky.

[butyouaretoo,YO.]

benjamin again >> wow. didn't realize you'd be back so soon. sleep well, dream sweet.

JErm >> so you like cold showers?

anumita >> oohhh, so you're a voyeur, too? LOL!

slim whale >> dear, i come with a disclaimer. that shit isn't my fault. but thanks for the kind words.

curator >> i do try.

jey >> when it's with somebody perfect.

gulnaz >> gossamer erotica. that was so lovely. thank you. i think you pretty much summed up all my tinkerbell tendencies.

anil >> the right mix of naughty and nice, i hope?

sara >> i find that the dichotomies croak, too.

the woman >> that was awesome. kudos to you.

RuKsaK >> ouch. that was hot.

naridu >> hey, thanks very much. i don't remember if i've seen you around before, but thanks for dropping by my space.

wait. i know you from jax's space! am i right?

lorena >> i was thinking about a short film in my head, too, as i wrote it. but everything was in slow motion black and white. which probably why it was a black sock and a white slip.

maddy >> ((((u))))

just the way you like them.

bullish1974 >> be careful, mike. that full petal jacket is a pun for something much more controversial. hehe. he's gonna be jealous.

mere existence >> i could write you one. for a fee.

justrose >> last line was a killer for me, too.

blog ho >> rest in...?

jenn see >> glad you liked it. and after reading harry potter, even.

cindy- lou >> thanks for reading right to the end.

10:44 AM
grumblefish said...

Alas, we live in such fickle times. The mere whisper of a "Catherine the Great"
farewell festival (somewhere up north), and it's adios, muchachas y muchachos. May the hairs on their hindquarters sharpen to hooks! In the meantime, here's this lovely treatise, scrawled in lipstick and various...ah... substances, bringing an eager readership to a rolling boil. Just remember that Marie Antoinette's heart was in the right place, but never try to palm off cake, when the masses are rioting for pie.
As for me, I prefer to wait solemnly for the hiss of silk on silk.

12:17 PM
Lavinia said...

Such beautiful work here, keep it up.

I love your profile pic, Bjork is a goddess.

2:53 PM
john said...

your place is so peaceful, girl. makes me wonder why i don't come here more often. been busy. i do appreciate this... all this.

will lurk around and comment here and there.

PS
adverts - ewww.

3:02 PM
yvaine said...

Beautiful beautiful amazing piece you have here. I enjoyed every word, relished every moment in your story.

If only I was just as lucky, and if only I had someone who desired a full petal jacket off of me.

3:04 PM
wala said...

reconsideration of current emotional patterns being processed. thanks, i must take up skating one day.

4:19 PM
Fist said...

Think I'll call it a day on this one ;)

5:30 PM
slither dude said...

friends who can fuck like strangers? something about that rams my heart ;p

8:33 PM
Ram said...

i said i love you not like i meant it. but because i meant it.

nice wrap up to your sensual words.. pretty much sums up..

first time on to your blog transience and its amazing..

10:55 PM
De.vile said...

he did this, you did that and then a happy ending in sight, you lift your finger and end it all.

Man, gimme a break. How the Hell do you make me read this?!

If you didnt write this well...

11:09 PM
Anonymous said...

wIThOUt a dOUbT tHe MOst SEnSuaL oF blOG sITeS BAR NonE. UNdouBteDLy a WOrK of PurE StyLE WITH SensUAL SUbsTanCE. No ONe COulD STay AWay Long. As WArm as StAINs on CotToN sheeTS.

12:38 AM
stan laurel said...

I love how your write. It is addicting and easy to fall in love with. Perhaps it is the topic. Maybe I am in the mood for a little coquettish prose, who knows?

2:24 AM
I.:.S.:. said...

wish i had more friends like you

4:10 AM
The Fool said...

This made me smile. A knowing smile. Why, I remember 423 years ago when I was doing these very things.

5:25 AM
Perfect Virgo said...

I'm later than Mr Late turning up for The Late Show!

Transience you speak of life and love with the wiles and beguiling knowledge of one who has already trodden this mortal coil a hundred times over. Don't tell me you don't know love, you do...

6:11 AM
transience said...

grumblefish >> i can't be more eloquent than that given that i haven't indulged in my morning cup of coffee and sarcasm. but i promise the hiss of silk on silk on sunday, GMT+8.

lavinia >> bjork is. thanks for driving by.

john >> i hope you are a-okay, my friend. i do look forward to seeing you and slither dude soon.

yvaine >> i'm sure there's someone out there. but his affection just isn't straightforward as of the moment. let's give him more time, shall we?

monster spank >> how freaky that i knew it was you even if you were anonymous. what have you done? skated your way into my head?

fist >> okay. not that it wasn't enjoyably, mind you.

slither dude >> how about lovers that are friends that fuck like strangers? how's that for the ramming?

ram >> thanks very much. glad your first time here was worthwhile.

de.vile >> you know i still love you.

anonymous >> ThAnkS. COmE BACk ANyTImE.

stan laurel >> i would love to delve into your coquettish side.

mike >> i think you already do.

the fool >> how lovely. about 287 years ago, i was a baby in diapers.

perfect virgo >> better late than never. and maybe you're right. maybe i'm learning.

10:31 AM
jonny ragel said...

yum.

and yeah- where is that damn black sock? :)

wonderful pictures are playing on several screens in my mind. in unison.

2:21 PM
Jay said...

You write so well of what is usually left unspoken.

3:30 PM
Pincushion said...

The Minx:The coquette: You've inspired me to be back and I've drawn from the essence and painted you, with a few liberties taken ;)and hey I am back! So check 'you' out in me-blog!

5:02 PM
Neel said...

I agree with Jay. Like sweet nothings, but SO much more!

5:42 PM
Fist said...

Sometimes laughter needs space to fade.

I'm so vain right now.

5:48 PM
bismuth said...

where did we meet again?

6:15 PM
wala said...

mind inline skating.

6:37 PM
Green-Eyed Lady(GEL) said...

Your liquid words trickle and flow cascading into the pools of my soul. I enjoyed how well you wrote sensually without being explicit. You expertly conveyed the mystery and allure of this intimate time.

This is my first time here, although I have seen many of your comments elsewhere in blogland.
I'll return.
SilverMoon aka Green-Eyed Lady (GEL)

3:25 AM
Anonymous said...

I so get you girl! ;) Mitz

3:26 AM
mrsmogul said...

Sexy post! Shoulders ..ah I love mine!

4:05 AM
Potted-flower said...

Uh?...

4:39 AM
Potted-flower said...

oh btw

sorry to leave

potted-flower

4:39 AM
You've Got What I Need... said...

trickle, trickle down your door. very slamtastic, transience.

4:51 AM
Muss said...

Beautiful title. Beautiful writing. Just thought I would tell you that.

6:30 AM
mussolini said...

i'm glad you did not have to lose him (completely).

10:51 AM
transience said...

johnny >> the black sock is somewhere under the slip between the garters. does it count if the sock is still on the foot?

jay >> i like exploring thespacesbetween.

pincushion >> you are all too sweet. i missed you and thanks for that awesome drawing. meow.

neel >> i would have to charge double then, heh.

fist >> i meant enjoyable--not enjoyably)--in my last response to you. and did you just type that sober? LOL!

bismuth >> in college. you were tall and beautiful and willowy. like a muse. you still are all those things now.

monster spank >> wow. thanks for the neon-colored YM trip last night.

gel >> i look forward to the next time. thanks for the kind, kind words. and you must forgive me for my whoring. commenting is a lovely way to talk to my friends.

mitzzee >> ouch. you are smoking.

mrsmogul >> i love mine, too. but that doesn't mean i can't wait to see yours. so...can i?

potted-flower >> i will wait and wait and wait for you. no worries, my dear. be well.

ygwin >> pony, only you could come up with a word like that. i love your shoulders, too, btw.

muss >> thank you. i think the title may have been inspired by a certain pair of panties, too. or something hidden inside it.

mussolini >> i am damn blessed. and i'm going to hell, too.

11:05 AM
IdeaSmith said...

I could die...you are a genius! How could you look deep within and express what you found there, so easily?

2:05 PM
sCruuw said...

Elegantly put! Damn you have skills!

3:21 PM
Gangadhar said...

Amazing post...

5:56 PM
Gangadhar said...

Hey...I made your 100th comment!!looks great!

6:00 PM
sasfdasfdljkfksdjkfjsd said...

it would probly end up being some cheesy love song.

10:18 PM
Srikar said...

beautifully written!

The emotions of the lovers have been capture to its minutest intricasies. Well written!!!!

10:34 PM
. : A : . said...

Nice lines,

"my affection is coquettish like that. served warm and with butter on the side, if one is so inclined. this is love du jour, baby. prepared special only today."

I like the way this speaks unconditionally.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

And perfect lines here,

"and before i forget, i said i love you not like i meant it. but because i meant it."

9:19 AM
what said...

like and because...

sometimes is the only thing.

like, because...

=

1:53 PM
bismuth said...

ah. yes, you were that girl with buns of steel. and a beautiful voice. and who converesed in Irish accent perfectly. and i think you were my first kiss too. hmmmm. didn't realize that until now. so thank you.

5:50 PM
RuKsaK said...

107comments - obscene. Were I not married I'd propose just because of your comment count.

8:45 PM
wala said...

ym again, at random...

10:51 PM
Kathleen said...

"i said i love you not like i meant it. but because i meant it."

seeing things the way you do is an amazing thing... keep writing, living

1:33 AM
finnegan said...

Sheesh Trans, I'm glad I got on your banner list before it passes the Empire State building.

Your comments section is like watching an embryo cell-divide.
More importantly, so is your writing.

"i adore that we are friends. i adore that we can fuck like enamored strangers who locked eyes in a bar just two hours before. i adore that there is nothing between you and me but skin. and maybe now, this full petal jacket."

This is what I tell myself in front of the mirror before a serious masturbation session.

1:43 AM
boudica of suburbia said...

It felt very satisfying, like a heavy meal. I felt content and swollen but there was pain there. Perhaps a little detached, unrealised or just unwanted and hidden. Pain, that is. Just a tinge.

xxB

7:01 AM
Cocaine Jesus said...

there you go again. old flash pants. i'm away for five minutes and look what happens...another delectable piece of pure unadulterated silken erotica. masterful.
i must have read this piece five times in as many minutes.
eroticism without any obivious cliche ridden lines.
oh am i envious.

7:07 PM
jenn see said...

a most unique sort of friend...i wish i knew a person with that sort of understanding...

9:42 AM
kramer said...

i so love this post.


i love this.


i love this.

4:44 PM
transience said...

ideasmith >> maybe because i've been introspecting too much as of late? but thanks for the highly flattering comment.

sCruuw >> hey, baby! you're back and sweet as ever. wow.

gangadhar >> cool! you win a prize for being the hundredth. treat yourself to my archives. heh.

ray ray >> cheesy? i doubt it.

srikar >> thanks. put it down to my stylized details.

.:a:. >> yeah. those were cool.

what >> you have a point there...let me mull it over.

bismuth >> LOL! you're welcome.

RuKsaK >> think of the alimony. and the comment count's beyond 107 now. eep.

monster spank >> you play good YM.

kathleen >> i'm trying my best. you should go do so, too.

finnegan >> haha! how serious is serious?

b >> i have a love-hate relationship with pain. just so you know.

cocaine jesus >> oh my god! back from vacay? did you enjoy yourself? are you back blogging? i missed you!

my apologies for the gushing.

jenn see >> hard to find nowadays, isn't it?

kramer >> very eloquent. thank you.

6:06 PM
sasfdasfdljkfksdjkfjsd said...

you're right, it wouldn't really be cheesy, unless all love songs are. It would be a love song but with a hard edge, kind of like how your story is, soft like a petal but hard like a metal jacket.

6:19 PM
transience said...

that's the best kind.

10:21 PM