1.5.07

unbearable lightness of being


Wednesday, December 22, 2005
the unbearable lightness of being

transience cannot be captured, i say to the unwary. well, that's a load of crap now. so maybe i dignify posing for photographs. sure. but only with people i am comfortable with. but aside from those instances when i need more than a mental snapshot to preserve a memory, i am not fond of being caught on camera. especially without my permission. imagine my dismay when one of my colleagues told me that he had seen me on TV the other night. i did not see the show—a short feature on the company i work for—but i remember it well, since i supervised the shoot earlier this month. it turns out that the cameraman, that overzealous cretin, filmed me as i worked behind the scenes. and of course, the show's editor, another overzealous cretin, thought it would be a hoot to put in shots of an unsuspecting skirt. in my mind's eye, i could see him justifying himself. "but darling, spontaneity means ratings!" i'd lobotomize him with a spoon if i knew how. (but why a spoon, not an axe or a—? because it's dull, you twit, it'll hurt more.) in my opinion, that would make great reality TV. "but you looked fine," my colleague said. that wasn't the point. i could have looked like a dewy eugenia volodina and i still would be annoyed. this is not good. my existence has been documented. the then-defunct KGB will suddenly grow a conscience for allowing me to have lived this long and whisk me off to their cold, cold country where i will be unable to wear any more tank tops in december. screw it.

i rode north at 10:53 AM 27 kph
::Pedal up::

Chrigela pedaled up to say... the poem i wrote reminds you of the book you just read. that poem i wrote while carrying the book "Veronika decides to die," after i checked it out because i read about it in your blog. what a connection.

11:32 AM transience pedaled up to say... wow. who would've thought?

11:38 AM retarius pedaled up to say... well...you could always wear a fake mustache and a wig for a while, go incognito. think on the bright side...at least you *can* be captured on film, and you probably cast a shadow too, which is generally a good thing.

11:55 AM JErm pedaled up to say... i too share the annoyance of being captured.. no one shoots me but me!! privacy is bliss!!

1:51 PM Anonymous pedaled up to say... I'd say a fork to the ol' gooleys.. you know, give 'em a twist. Damn those photographers.. for I too have been captured by those witchdoctors on their magick papers!

2:14 PM transience pedaled up to say... retarius >> i have difficulty being inconspicuous.

JErm >> i'm thinking of something you told me before. something about guns.

a >> i still say spoon.

2:26 PM
ennui pedaled up to say...

speaking of sightings, i saw your kwee in mega the other day. he was wearing a lemon yellow shirt and had slightly long hair. he should get bangs the way you did. you'd be a kewl couple.

2:33 PM
transience pedaled up to say...

he was looking for a christmas present for me then, i think.

2:41 PM
Jacs pedaled up to say...

(but why a spoon, not an axe or a—? because it's dull, you twit, it'll hurt more.)


Plus... you know, Hannibal Lecter and all.

4:35 PM
transience pedaled up to say...

my sentiments exactly.

4:53 PM
Anonymous pedaled up to say...

warchild13@spymac.com
warchild.superihost.com/weblog/

I enjoyed reading your stuff. It made me smile.
Stay lucky.

6:53 PM
JErm pedaled up to say...

let me know if you find one.. i could use a bullet or two.. christmas is coming!!!!!

12:21 AM
transience pedaled up to say...

anonymous >> luck and i have irreconcilable differences. but i'm glad you stopped by.

JErm >> i wouldn't give you a gun even if your life depended on it.

9:45 AM
JErm pedaled up to say...

now that you're gone i'll need that gun!! please!!!!

11:11 AM
bismuth pedaled up to say...

i love cameras! i'm a camwhore and i love it better when i'm the subject. i'm so vain and i can't help it. but i do love your picture, the one i took while you were taking your coat off and there you were suddenly in your black tank top and the twins said hi. this, while the lights were and the evening was filled with the love of friends and giddiness of weary and over-eager to be happy people. : )

12:08 PM
transience pedaled up to say...

i beg your pardon. my twins did NOT say hi. they were in place. like good, obedient little girls. i'm a disciplinarian. hear my cracking whip.

12:36 PM
Chrigela pedaled up to say...

merry christmas

1:48 PM
ennui pedaled up to say...

it's strange how despite your being a disciplinarian, your twins always have their perky disposition. i wonder what feeds on them ...

3:25 PM
transience pedaled up to say...

JErm >> down, boy. really. no guns for you.

chris >> merry christmas.

мечтатель >> shuddup.

4:24 PM
allister pedaled up to say...

So you’re slightly famous, who can complain? I must have your autograph you brilliantly beautiful workaholic. What’s more is that she can perform not so subtle lobotomy to anyone who crosses her path. What a combination..

12:14 AM
Anonymous pedaled up to say...

Look! Someone has DARED post anonymously! Ahhh.. I need a new schtick.. I am no longer THE anonymous. And what is this about "twins" ehh.. okay.. everyone ELSE gets to see you.. fork 'em over!.. [photos, though twins would be.. eghh shouldn't be talking more of utensils] yeah.. just random nattering here.. -D

12:20 AM
transience pedaled up to say...

allister >> hahaha! thanks, but i don't think my autograph will do anyone any good. as for the lobotomy, i think it will be a worthwhile pursuit. to discourage the eejits, you know.

THE a >> i know your writing idiosyncrasies. i can tell it's you. besides, the other "anonymous" identified a totally different web page. and the "twins?" well, some of my friends think it's funny talking about my breasts that way. my breasts of all things. and here i thought my post had nothing to do with any part of my anatomy.

2:23 AM
ennui pedaled up to say...

We weren't talking about your ample mammary glands transience. We were talking about your eyes. Eyes like twins.

3:06 AM
transience pedaled up to say...

i know you too well. if there are two things about me you will talk about, i'm sure you'll choose breasts over eyes.

9:48 AM
ennui pedaled up to say...

I can't believe you. After all we've been thru, you'd seriously think I'd choose your BREASTS over your eyes?? Hmmm... ;)

9:15 PM
endlessecho pedaled up to say...

I hate getting clicked.....but I like clicking others :)
how have you been?

4:10 PM
transience pedaled up to say...

ennui >> your changing names confuse me. but really, i KNOW what you'd choose. so let's end this. =P

endlessecho >> hi there. it's been a while. i'm doing great. and you?
6:13 PM

::Pedal up::

<< Pedal home