10.5.07



Sunday, July 10, 2005
black sabbath

i find that the world waits for no one. i've only had time to take a breath, and there it is, turning the corners like there are no stop signs, riding away from me again. but it was a sunday. i had the license to park my ass and get some coffee first before i went pedaling gung-ho after it.

it was oddly quiet in the little australian café. he with his book, me and my espresso, the few others with anomalous versions of caffeine. behind the little everyday tragedies and the larger ones that bring disjointed pieces of life together, i was just glad to enjoy 1:31 pm and the pre-approved silence prevalent in any siesta-afflicted country.

the espresso felt good going down. and like a fluke, it had the effect of liquor, breaking down my defenses and making certain body parts more limber than usual. this wasn't me more aware. this was me at the height of comfort. signature coffee-shop couch. face hidden in male shoulder. arm thrown over the back of the seat. bare leg tucked neatly under short skirt.

as a decent, law-abiding citizen, i would have pondered the ramifications of my vague botticelli montage. but i couldn't. i was under the influence of some fluke espresso, remember? besides, when i closed my eyes and opened them again, it was 3 pm. i had fallen asleep. the lion had sunned in public. how barely legal. how utterly, horridly gauche.

and as i struggled to contain my growing embarrassment, he, the owner of the male shoulder, patted me on the head and promised (unprintable) things when we got home. all because of the pretzel pose i had pulled off. but i'm not complaining, of course. i may not pray, but i do count my blessings.

and i leave love to those who know.

| o^o |113 kph |
113 Comments

posted by transience at 11:57 PM on Jul 10, 2005
New comments have been disabled for this post by a blog administrator.
>>>blogcollector deleted comments page